It has been sterilized using gamma rays, to ensure its sterility while preserving its biological properties.
Advantages of the product for the treatment of wounds:
- It provides an anti-bacterial protective barrier, both preventing and reducing bacterial colonisation.
- It is effective against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including certain antibiotic-resistant strains (including MRSA and VRE).
- It eliminates bad odours.
- Combined with an occlusive dressing, it creates a damp environment conducive to tissue repair.
- It provides the nutrients favourable to the proliferation of dermal and epidermal cells.
- It does not stick to the wound, promoting the atraumatic changing of dressings.
Melectis® is intended for the treatment of:
- Dehisced surgical wounds (controlled wound healing)
- Acute and chronic wounds
- Cancerous wounds
- First- and second-degree burns
- Ulcers and bedsores during the capillary budding phase
- Melectis® must not be used by patients with an allergy to honey.
- Do not use if the tube is damaged, as there is a greater risk of the contents being contaminated.
- Do not use the product after its expiry date. The product’s expiry date is marked on the box and along the join of the tube in the format MM/YYYY. Use of the product after its expiry date incurs a risk of biological contamination of the product.
Instructions for use
Melectis® can be applied after debridement of a wound containing up to 20% fibrin, to restart the capillary budding process.
- Rinse the wound with a physiological serum. Gently dry the edge of the wound. N.B. This stage is vital to ensure proper healing.
- Cover the whole surface of the wound or secondary dressing (preferably tulle gras) with a film of Melectis®. There is no need to fill cavity wounds.
- Cover with compresses and an occlusive dressing for the first applications for heavily exuding wounds.
- It is recommended to change the dressing once or twice a day during the debridement phase and depending on the state of the wound.
- It is recommended to change the dressing every 48 hours during the capillary budding phase. The frequency the dressing is changed should be decided for each wound by the medical team treating the patient.
- In some cases (less than 5% of patients), application to the wound may cause irritation or a tingling or burning sensation. These sensations may be temporary or permanent. If this occurs, it is recommended to change the dressing using a damp compress. If symptoms persist, a different treatment solution should be adopted.
- Store the product with its usage instructions at ambient temperature.
- Once opened, a 30 gr tube may be used for 90 days. It is recommended to mark the date of opening on the tube. Non-contamination of the product by bacteria cannot be guaranteed after this 90-day period. Once opened, a 5 gr tube may be used for 3 days. Non-contamination of the product by bacteria cannot be guaranteed after this 3-day period
Manufactured By Melipharm– France